Feb 13, 2014

South Carolina's Weather State of Emergency

I'd like to say thank you to the people that go out of their way; risking their lives and safety to protect us all.  We are safe and for the most part warm in our homes.  Those who aren't have the assurance that help will come.  We know help will come because of certain agencies and dedicated people that give of their time and energy to make us safe in times of emergency.
So on behalf of all a great big thank you!


I'd like to also say thank you to all of their loved ones left at home to fend for themselves while they are away.  I can speak to that from experience.  When these emergencies come we the loved ones have to learn how to take care of certain things at our own home.  You do know that the odds of your loved one being at home with you when a disaster weather related or not are against you.
It has been my experience at least.  Would we, or could we change what our loved ones do?  No we wouldn't even if we could.  The person that is a policeman, security officer, fireman, rescue worker, lineman, national guard, doctor, nurse etc...has a passion, a drive to help others and that is wonderful.  It is also something we the people that love them have to become accustomed to.  Do we worry about them?  You Bet!  When they make it home safely, are we relieved?  You Bet!  Are we proud?  You Bet!


I can't forget my friend and mailman Frankie and his wife.
Mailmen are always out there in the thick of things.  Regardless of the weather.
Thank you!


I'd also like to thank our governor of South Carolina for declaring a state of emergency for  South Carolina.  I have no doubt that she and the agencies involved have saved a us from quite a few accidents and injuries from the storms here.  A pat on the back goes to the people of South Carolina for listening to the warnings.
Governor Nikki Haley

I guess that I'd better close and publish this post.  Everyone around me has lost their power.
Stay safe East Coast!
Thank the Lord for watching over us all.


No comments:

Post a Comment


HOUSE AND GARDENS